The Joy of Giving.

The Joy of Giving.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Anthony and Brittany met with the bone marrow transplant doctor today. They will be testing my other three brothers first to see if one of them are a match. They said if they are able to find a match with one of them, Anthony could start the preliminary process of an intensive chemotherapy session prior to the transplant in about 4 weeks. Until that time, he will be having 'regular' chemotherapy treatments (The 2 hour sessions, I mentioned in an earlier post).

They are even sending a kit to Brad, who is still serving a mission in Brazil. They said he can take the kit into a Red Cross and they will obtain the blood and send it back for analysis.

I was a bit sad because they said they didn't want to test me yet. I wish they would just test me to see. My mom said that since Stacey and I have had children, it makes us being a match less likely, and that is why they are testing my brothers first.

If one of us is not a match than they will be looking at the national donor registry-this process would add at least another 4 months before we can move forward with the needed transplant procedure. We all pray that one of us is a match so that Anthony's suffering is not prolonged.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for a donor with one of your brothers! But if that doesn't work out, Ryan will be tested, too. People always think he's one of the Roring boys, anyway. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you Kate! It is true, he is pretty much like an older brother to us.

    ReplyDelete